Fluid is an open, collaborative project to improve the user experience and inclusiveness of open source software.
The Fluid community consists of an international team of partners, individuals, and institutions focused on designing inclusive, ﬂexible, customizable, user-centered interfaces.
Areas of Focus
- Design of inclusive user interfaces: combining both design and technology to create a living library of sharable user interface components
- Create design resources: curating a Design Handbook (for designers and developers alike) including tools and techniques that are easy to use, learn, and modify
- Teach inclusive design: giving demonstrations and teaching others at conferences and meetings
- Nurture an open and inclusive culture: documenting and making publicly available community processes to support an agile approach to design and development in an open source project
Fluid uses open licenses enabling remixing, adaptation, and sharing.
- The Fluid Infusion Framework is released under both the ECL 2.0 and New BSD licenses, making it widely compatible with a variety of open source licenses as well as commercial code.
- All documentation, including Design Handbook and the project Wiki, is available under a Creative Commons Attribution License.